Our Application Process
To attend Camp Waldo, all campers must be able to meet the following requirements:
- The camper must be a rising 4th – 9th grader in the summer of 2022.
- The camper must be able to stay for the entire camp session.
We also strongly recommend campers receive a COVID-19 vaccination prior to camp.
Camp Waldo applications open on October 1. Please apply early to ensure your child gets a spot at camp. Space is limited.
Once applications are received and reviewed, all campers selected to attend Camp Waldo 2022 will be sent an online registration packet and an electronic copy of the Camper Handbook for review. We expect to send out our first round of registration packets in February. We will require a deposit to hold your child’s spot at camp.
Costs for Camp Waldo will be determined on a sliding scale based on family income for summer 2022. Camp Waldo is a nonprofit camp, and even families at the top of the sliding scale pay much less than actual cost per camper. Most of Camp Waldo’s costs are covered by outside funding, through grants and donations.
Cost for Camp Waldo in 2022 will be:
- For families earning an annual income of $90,000 and above – $900/camper
- For families earning an annual income between $60,000 and 90,000 – $600/camper
- For families earning an annual income between $35,000 to $60,000 – $300/camper
- For families earning an annual income less than $35,000 – $200/camper
We do not want the cost of camp to keep any child from attending Camp Waldo, particularly families with more than one camper attending camp. We are able provide financial assistance when necessary. If you would like to discuss financial assistance, please contact Kevin Johnson at email@example.com.